Writers Weekend in Kenilworth
April 25 - April 27 2024
Advanced Creative Writing Course
Join Wendy (Sunflower Publishing) & Amy Scott (Scott Editorial) at The Abbey Field Hotel in the historic Warwickshire town of Kenilworth, steeped in history. Once one of the most formidable medieval fortresses, Kenilworth Castle was later transformed into a spectacular Elizabethan palace by Robert Dudley. The famous Virgins and Castle pub just across the road from the hotel dates back to 1563.
Esteemed writers like Jane Austen visited local Stoneleigh Abbey with her mother and sister Cassandra in 1806. Kenilworth is also the location for the historical romance novel 'Kenilworth' written by Sir Walter Scott in 1821.
* Develop your next novel with a fresh approach
* Discover some new-to-you writing skills and techniques
* Choose effective treatment and perspective to tell your story
* Learn new techniques to polish your performance on the page
Price of £625 per person includes:
* bed and breakfast for 3 nights in a double room with ensuite at The Abbey Field Hotel in Kenilworth old town
* buffet lunch on workshop days
* an evening exclusive 2 course dinner at a bistro restaurant opposite Kenilworth Castle
* all workshops; critique sessions
* guest author Q& A session.
Arrive Thursday April 25th
Thurs 25th > 2pm to 5pm workshop
Fri 26th > 9am to 5pm workshop (break for lunch)
Sat 27th > 9am to 5pm workshop (break for lunch)
Depart Sunday April 28th am